New York Times bestselling author John Eldredge draws on his 20 years of teaching people how to pray to offer a step-by-step guide on why we pray, how we pray effectively, and what we can expect to receive when we pray.
In Luke 11:1, the disciples asked Jesus, "Teach us to pray!" Most of us want to know more about how prayer works. While we are used to offering up prayers, we wonder if we are praying in the most effective way or if we are approaching the throne of God in the "right" way. We ask ourselves:
- How do I listen for God?
- How do I pray for healing?
- How do I pray when I am under spiritual attack?
- How do I pray to break through strongholds of habitual sin?
- How do I pray for protection?
- How do I pray for my lost friends and family?
In Moving Mountains Study Guide, bestselling author John Eldredge shows how we labor under the misconception that prayer is asking God to intervene instead of partnering with him to get things done. This faulty assumption leads to untold confusion and grief when we ask of God but can't sense He hears us—or even cares. Rather, Jesus says, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 16:19). When we operate from this position, we approach prayer with far greater confidence. We understand we have a role in making change happen and are not victims of circumstance—that we are sons and daughters of God bestowed with tremendous authority.
- There Is a Way Things Work (11:00)
- The Cry of the Heart (12:00)
- The Prayer of Intervention (12:00)
- The Prayer of Consecration (14:00)
- Listening Prayer (12:00)
- Warfare Prayer (12:00)
- Healing Prayer (12:00)
- Holding the Heart in Unanswered Prayer (13:00)